Kick Ass 2 Int'l trailer. Complete with cussin' and stuff...

I don't really have anything to say about this Kick Ass 2 trailer, but I felt like I was being selfish by not posting it...


I remember reading the original Kick-Ass comics as they trickled into comic shops. I thoroughly enjoyed the books, but was already kind of tired of the severity of it when the first movie came out, which I never saw. Maybe I just had enough of series creator/writer Mark Millar's endless cynicism. I never read the Kick-Ass 2 comics, either...
The proliferation of costumed heroes in this trailer brings to mind the so-called Real Life Superhero movement we see personified in Seattle costumed activist Phoenix Jones, who may not have been the first person in the real world to put on a mask and take to the streets, but he's definitely the alpha of the movement. Phoenix has been pretty vocal about not liking Kick-Ass, and to be fair, he has almost nothing in common with the character. Still, I expect Kick-Ass 2 to comment on the real-world superhero phenomena, since its writers would have been watching it unfold with the rest of us.
Anyways, this looks fun. I might need to peep that first movie some time.

ghettoManga.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post